Coronavirus Updates from Centre County Government
March 28, 2020
Governor Wolf & Health Secretary Levine Expand ‘Stay at Home’ Order to Centre County to Mitigate Spread of COVID-19
As the state continues to seek relief to save lives and stop the spread of COVID-19, today Governor Tom Wolf and Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine revised their “Stay at Home” orders to include Centre County, bringing the state total to 22 counties under a stay-at-home order. This order takes effect at 8:00 PM Saturday, March 28, 2020, and will continue until April 6, 2020.
March 27, 2020
Primary Election Date moved to Tuesday, June 2, 2020
After unanimously passing both the Pennsylvania House and Pennsylvania Senate, Governor Wolf signed Senate Bill 422 which reschedules the 2020 primary election from April 28 to June 2. and makes other election process changes, including some due to the COVID-19 emergency.
Continuation of Suspension of Visits at Centre County Correctional Facility
The Centre County Correctional Facility has extended, until Monday, April 13, 2020, the suspension of all visitors, volunteers, and programs within the facility, and programs that utilize the Community Room. This suspension originally began on Monday, March 16, 2020. The Correctional Facility will actively monitor the situation and revisit the suspension in two weeks. Any question related to visitation at the Correctional Facility please call (814) 355-6794.
March 22, 2020
Public Access to County Buildings & Continuity of Services
Residents are asked to refrain from visiting County Government buildings. Please call first and discuss with County staff ways to conduct essential business needs. Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, and until further notice, all building doors will be locked during normal business hours – this includes the Courthouse, Courthouse Annex, Willowbank, and Summit Park. Public access will be granted on an as-needed basis. Sheriff’s deputies will continue to staff the entrances at the Courthouse, Courthouse Annex, and Willowbank for security purposes and to receive any necessary mail and packages. Facilities management staff will continue with mail distribution, cleaning, and building sweeps. If an office is physically closed, each Department/office has a plan in place to forward phone calls and answer emails.
March 18, 2020
How to access County Resources: Limited building access.
Administrative Order 49th Judicial District - Actions Pursuant to Declaration of Judicial Emergency
The Court has issued its Declaration of Judicial Emergency to address the current and expanding outbreak of COVID-19 infections in Pennsylvania, the anticipated expansion of that outbreak into the 49th Judicial District, and the need to prevent or at least minimize the spread of COVID-9 within the County.
Prothonotary & Clerk of Courts
March 17, 2020
Judicial Emergency Response
March 16, 2020
Closures of County Senior Centers and Cancellation of Visits at County Correctional Facility
- Pursuant to Governor Tom Wolf’s statewide order, all County Senior Centers and the Centre Region Active Adult Center are closed for two weeks beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Any question related to Senior Center closures please call (814) 355-6716.
- The Centre County Correctional Facility has implemented a suspension of all visitors, volunteers, programs within the facility, and programs that utilize the Community Room. This suspension is for two (2) weeks. We will actively monitor the situation and revisit the suspension in two weeks. Any question related to visitation at the Correctional Facility please call (814) 355-6794.
March 15, 2020
Maintaining Essential County Services while Reducing the Spread of COVID-19
County Administrator Margaret Gray announced several additional measures and provided updates regarding the County’s efforts to combat the spread of the coronavirus.
- COVID-19 Leave Policy for County Government employees
- Closing County Building meeting rooms to outside groups effective immediately and until further notice
- Deployment of expanded virtual meeting and teleconferencing capabilities
- Encouragement of reducing the number of visitors to County Buildings (increasing telephone and email constituent services). Where not possible, increased disinfecting of public areas.
- Reduction of employees in County Buildings through working from home and, where not possible, rotation of employees.
- Continued augmentation of County’s COOP (Continuity of Operations Plan)
March 14, 2020
Declaration of Disaster Emergency
- Commissioners sign Countywide Declaration of Disaster Emergency to access State and Federal resources as well streamline the procurement and decision-making processes to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
March 13, 2020
Limiting County Employee Travel and In-Person Meetings
- No out-of-county travel for official County business unless determined to be mission critical.
- Postpone hosting or participating in large meetings (12+ participants), conferences, training, or community events unless approved in advance.
March 9, 2020
Update to County Employees on COVID-19
- Creation of Centre County Government COVID-19 Planning Team
- Update on "disinfecting sweeps" of all common areas, restrooms, and offices in County Buildings
- Deployment of Hand sanitizing stations in County Buildings
- Collecting, reporting, and tracking of data regarding the number of employees absent due to flu-like symptoms
- Additional ordering of cleaning supplies and tracking of usage levels
- Inclusion of CDC and PA Department of Health resources on County website