Centre County Hazard Mitigation Plan 2021 Update [PDF]
The Plan is the result of work by citizens of the County to develop a pre-disaster multi-hazard mitigation plan that will not only guide the County towards greater disaster resistance, but will also respect the character and needs of the community.
This Hazard Mitigation Plan was developed for the purpose of:
- Providing a blueprint for reducing property damage and saving lives from the effects of future natural and human-caused disasters in Centre County;
- Qualifying the County for pre-disaster and post-disaster grant funding;
- Complying with state and federal legislative requirements related to local hazard mitigation planning;
- Demonstrating a firm local commitment to hazard mitigation principles; and
- Improving community resiliency following a disaster event.