Drug & Alcohol

Drug & Alcohol Service

Centre County Drug & Alcohol, https://centrecountypa.gov/330/Drug-Alcohol

Phone: (814) 355-6744

E-mail: mh-id-ei@centrecountypa.gov 

3500 East College Ave., Suite 1200, State College, PA 16801

Centre County Drug and Alcohol, the Single County Authority (SCA), can provide funding for individuals who do not have insurance.

If you are interested in inpatient treatment, start by calling our office at (814) 355-6744 and ask to speak with a drug and alcohol case manager. This person will do a brief screening to learn a bit about your situation and determine your eligibility for services.

If you are in need of detox, the case manager will make immediate arrangements for your admission to a facility. Otherwise, the next step is to complete an assessment to determine what level of treatment will be most helpful given your individual circumstances. Together you will discuss available options and decide upon a treatment plan.

If you are interested in outpatient treatment services, start by calling one of the two contracted outpatient treatment providers to initiate services. They will conduct your screening and assessment, determine eligibility, and then refer your case to the county for authorization. These providers are:

CrossRoads Counseling, Inc, http://www.crossroadscounselinginc.com/


       ·Outpatient substance use disorder (SUD) counseling (individual & group)

       ·Intensive Outpatient SUD counseling

       ·Community Based Adolescent SUD Services

       ·Co-Occurring Services (MH/SUD)

       ·Level-of-Care assessments

       ·DOT Substance Abuse Professional Evaluations

       ·Gambling Treatment

       ·Medication Assisted Treatment (Suboxone/buprenorphine/Sublocade maintenance; Vivitrol/naltrexone        maintenance)

       ·Certified Recovery Specialist (Recovery Support)

     Contact Information:

      Phone (814) 231-0940

      Fax (814) 231-4702

      Visit: State College Office 444 East College Avenue, Suite 460, State College, PA 16801

      Crossroads will be opening a Bellefonte location in 2023.

CenClear, https://www.cenclear.org/


      ·Outpatient substance use disorder (SUD) counseling (individual & group)

      ·Intensive Outpatient SUD counseling

      ·Medication Assisted Treatment (Suboxone/Vivitrol)

   Contact Information:

     Phone 814-342-5845

    1633 Philipsburg-Bigler Highway, Philipsburg, PA 16866

You can also find a full list including private practitioners authorized to treat opioid dependency with buprenorphine by accessing SAMHSA’s Buprenorphine Provider Locator at: https://www.samhsa.gov/medication-assisted-treatment/practitioner-program-data/treatment-practitioner-locator

Licensed Methadone Provider in Centre County:

       • State College Medical 3091 Enterprise Drive, Suite 150, State College, PA 16801; 814-235-6988

          Also provides Suboxone/buprenorphine maintenance treatment.

Nearby Methadone Facilities:

    • Pyramid Dolminis, 2 Sellers Dr., Altoona, PA 16601; 888-694-9996

    • Discovery House-Blair Co., 3438 Route 764, Duncansville, PA 16635; 814-944-7000

    • Discovery House-Clearfield, 214 Airport Rd., Clearfield, PA 16830; 814-768-7575

For more information on MAT

     •More information on methadone at www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682134.html

     •Medication Assisted Treatment for Pregnant Women https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/ neonatal-opioid-withdrawal-syndrome-and-medication-assisted-treatment-methadone-and-buprenorphine

     •The Facts About Buprenorphine https://www.samhsa.gov/medication-assisted-treatment/treatment/buprenorphine