Centre County Veterans' Affairs
The Centre County Veterans Affairs Office assists Veterans and eligible dependents in applying for federal, state and county benefits. We advocate for Veterans and assist with all aspects of applying for benefits. Additionally, we may refer Veterans and dependents to other federal, state, county agencies and organizations that might further assist them in solving their problems or answering their questions.
Please use the following links to the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs Web Site to find out more information about potential federal programs:
- Health Care
- VA's Dental Insurance Program (VADIP)
- Special Housing Grants
- Automobile Grants
- Home Loans
While we will make every effort to assist walk-ins, we strongly recommend that you call for an appointment to ensure a Veteran Service Officer is available to talk with you and/or avoid a long wait.
If you have further questions or want to schedule an appointment please contact us at 814-355-6812.
- Application for Burial Expenses of a Deceased Veteran (PDF)
- Application for Burial Expenses of a Deceased Veterans' Spouse (PDF)
Bulletin Board Postings
- Military Appreciation Week (PDF)
- The 2021 schedule for "Veterans Project New Hope" weekend retreats at PA Lions Beacon Lodge Camp are: June 12-16, 2021 and July 3 - 7, 2021
Please provide these dates to all veterans with whom you are in contact. All individuals disabled due to injuries as a result of military service or suffering with PTSD related emotional issues are eligible and welcome to attend the retreats. Our goal is to fill all cabins with veterans and their immediate families on the above mentioned weekends and provide relaxation and fellowship with other veterans while at the camp. Much is offered at Beacon Lodge - fishing, wheelchair accessible swimming pool, zip line, miniature golf and more on the mostly wooded 583 acres.
Project New Hope brochures and Retreat Registration Applications can be obtained by contacting Beacon Lodge at 814- 542-2511 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2019 Federal Benefits for Veterans Dependents and Survivors Handbook (PDF)
- PA Honoring Veterans License Plate (PDF)
- PA Veterans' Trust Fund (PDF)
- Veteran Drivers License (PDF)