Centre County Agriculture

Centre County is unique for its blend of urban, residential, and agricultural land. Agriculture is an important industry in Centre County. According to the Pennsylvania Agricultural Statistics for 2017, Centre County is home to approximately 1,100 farms (and growing!) covering approximately 150,000 acres. The Centre County Conservation District is here to serve as a resource for your farming operation.

Our agricultural conservation staff provides technical assistance to landowners along with information nutrient management and best management practices, as well as funding resources to install conservation practices. The District is committed to providing technical and financial resources for the planning, design and implementation of Best Management Practices (BMP’s) on Centre County farms. BMPs are tailored to your farming operation to help conserve and protect your natural resources.

The District is also committed to providing guidance related to environmental regulations.  Farms are regulated under local, state, and federal laws. Determining how your farm fits into these regulations can be confusing – contact the agricultural conservation staff at the District to learn more about the regulatory requirements.